Tuesday, May 5, 2009

back home

I'm back home after a lovely weekend in the capital, complete with Sarah's despidida and Justin's surprise birthday party, and of course, lots of electricity and delicious food. Also, I ate too many mangoes and got an itchy rash around my mouth. (Did you know that mangoes are related to poison ivy? That is why you should not feel them with your teeth if you are too lazy to get a knife. But whatever, it's worth a little discomfort to eat free, delicious mangoes.)

Now I'm home again, and no, I still don't have power at my house. The landlord hasn't been by yet. It's not really that big of a deal. The worst is that my fridge is out of commission, but I lived a few months without a fridge before. The colmado system makes it easy enough to live sin luz. Also, I'm addicted to the show Battlestar Galactica and now I can only watch it when I charge my laptop at the center, and then for only three hours at a time. Which is sometimes not enough. But really it's for the best; I'm reading and cross-stitching more, and spending less time watching computer TV.

It is getting hotter, however, so I hope that I get my power back so I can run a fan when full Dominican summer hits. But this is looking to be a busy month for me, so I should be able to avoid heat by being in other places, places with more electrical power.

No comments: