Saturday, June 20, 2009

back in amurica

Hi gang!

Guess what country I am in! OK I gave it away in the subject line: it is the United States of Amurica. I arrived safely and on time, which is a small miracle considering I had four connecting flights. Gloria al Señor!

And in the Miami airport I got a bagel sandwich and jalapeño chips for lunch!!! And in Atlanta I got a soy latte and a Danish!! And when I got home my family took me out for Thai food!

Yesterday I went up to Chicago and visited my friend Trina. We ate some food and tried to go see a Harry Potter exhibit at the Museum of Science & Industry, but we failed to plan ahead and it was sold out all day so, uh, we didn't.

This blog entry is probably not that interested for Americans to read! Sorry!

As a postscript I will say that my last day in the DR before vacation was super terrible and I had to go to a committee meeting dedicated to denouncing me for stupid reasons and anyway when I go back to the DR I'm moving to a different town. But I don't have details about where I'm going and I don't really want to go into details about how effed-up my old town really was. Suffice to say that although moving will be a pain, I am looking forward to a fresh start.

No comments: